Wednesday, August 5, 2015

TpT purchases and math--what I'm trying to figure out

Well, yesterday ended the two day TpT Back to School sale! After wading through my long wish list (as my boyfriend patiently waited for me to finish so we could watch Twister together), I limited myself to four purchases: Interactive Math Vocabulary, Vocabulary Yearlong Bundle, a CAFE-based Create a Comprehension Notebook, and Apples and Banana's California Standards rephrased as "I Can" statements (I still have a Wish List of 31 items...).

I feel like a have a solid base for Language Arts (always my passion anyway), but I have been searching for ways to bolster my math instruction. Thus why I purchased the Interactive Math Vocabulary--it will help us learn definitions for key 3rd grade terms.

For word problems, I'm hoping to finally use my Math Word Problem Key Words purchase from who knows when and more frequently use my word problem flashcards pack that I got from a teacher store. (I was very tempted to buy this Word Problem Detective set last night!).

And for rote memory, I'm hoping to bring back Bubble Gum Math (addition, subtraction, and multiplication). The kids loved it last year, but I had a hard time staying on top of printing the sheets individual students needed in different colors, and so I let it fall (even though they kept reminding me they wanted to do it) (thankfully I have the same students this year so I think they'll be excited to do it again).

How I felt in highschool

No comments:

Post a Comment