Sunday, August 16, 2015

of duct tape and helpful boyfriends

Can I just brag on my guy for a minute?

He used his weekend to help me paint my entire classroom (neither of us are expert painters), and then prodded me to go back the next day and let him help me move all my furniture into their general areas so that tomorrow, when the teachers go back, I'll at least have a cleared desk and chair to sit in!

I meant to do some lesson planning this weekend, but as it was my last weekend of summer that didn't happen! But I did finish my 6 Traits of Writing poster and visited 4 stores before tracking down the black with white polka dots Duck Tape I wanted to continue decorating my room. Oh, the lengths one will go for some cute Duck Tape. :P

Usually I approach the end of summer with dread. This year I'm excited! I know the next two weeks before the students come back will be stressful and exhausting. After all, I'm not used to WORKING all day. What? I have to be out the door by 8:30 tomorrow?

But I am excited to try new things, like CAFE, this year and look forward to having mostly the same students I did last year, only a grade higher. Hopefully that will mean I won't have to focus too long on procedures at the beginning of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment